Our Sites may include links to third-party websites, products and services, and embedded third-party tools and widgets. Any linked websites, products and services of third parties, and third party collection and use of your information, on their own websites or through embedded tools and widgets, are governed by the privacy policies of the respective third parties. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
1. Types of Personal Information We Collect
Personal Information is information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact an individual. It also includes other information that may be associated with Personal Information. We collect the following types of Personal Information:
- Contact Information that allows us to communicate with you, such as your name, postal addresses, email addresses, social media website user account names, telephone numbers, or other addresses at which you receive communications from or on behalf of Meshmash.
- Relationship Information that helps us to understand who you are and what types of stores, products, and advertisements you might like. This includes lifestyle, preference, and interest information; geographic information such as your state/province, city, or neighborhood; the types of coupons that interest you; information collected from social media interactions (such as via Facebook Connect); and demographic information (e.g., birth date, age, gender).
- Transaction Information about how you interact with the Services, such as the coupons you view and redeem and the stores you prefer and added to your wishlist; other information about how you use our Services, email, other communications, and applications; and how you interact with Meshmash's merchants, business partners, and service providers.
- Location Information that allows us to periodically determine your geolocation, such as your location relative to nearby merchants or your presence within a mall or store (e.g., near a checkout, aisle, or entrance).
- Analytics Information about your use of our Services, such as your IP address, access time, device ID or other unique identifier (e.g., Android advertising ID), domain name, screen views, language information, device name and model, operating system type, and your activities on our Services. For example, information collection by our Services via a mobile device may include the following:
- (i) The names of the other applications on your mobile device and, if you use an Android-based mobile device, how you use them (e.g., frequency and duration of use);
- (ii) If you use an Android-based mobile device, the URL addresses of the webpages you access;
- (iii) Information about your mobile device (e.g., make, model, operating system, and other similar information);
- (iv) Information about your use of features, functions, or clicks on notifications or content; and
- (v) The strength of signal, temperature, battery level, and unique identifier of a nearby Bluetooth® proximity beacon.
2. How Meshmash Collects Personal Information
We may ask you for Personal Information when you register, subscribe, create an account, or otherwise interact with the Services or contact Meshmash For example, you may be required to provide us with Contact Information or Relationship Information in order to register for certain services.
We also collect Transaction Information if you contact us via telephone, email, text, postal mail, social media interaction, or other methods of communication, such as for customer support purposes.
If you use a social media platform, a mobile device or other third-party method of communication to interact with Meshmash or the Services, that platform may/may not have a specific privacy statement that governs the use of Personal Information related to that platform. If you have questions about the security and privacy settings of your mobile device, please refer to instructions from your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
If you use the Services on a mobile device and your mobile device's settings allow it, we may collect Personal Information from your mobile device. For example, if you have permitted your mobile device to transmit location data, we may collect your geolocation and time of day. In addition, if you have also enabled Bluetooth® functionality on your mobile device, our Services may determine your presence and duration within a location, such as a mall or store, based on the detection of signals from nearby Bluetooth® proximity beacons. Our application may be designed to collect information even if you are not logged into one of the Services.
In addition to other information described above, when you download or use one of our mobile applications, or access the Sites through a mobile device, we may automatically collect information about your location and your mobile device, including your operating system, device type, and device identifier. We may also request access to the device storage and camera, and permission to send you push notifications. You may decline to provide location information, storage and camera access, and push notification permission at any time using your mobile device’s system settings. Please consult your mobile device’s instruction manual for additional information about controlling system and application settings.
If you choose to use any of our referral services to tell someone else about our Sites, or to email a promotion, we will ask you for that person’s name and email address or mobile number to share it using what’sapp application. We will use the information you provide to automatically send to that person the referral, such as an email inviting him or her to the Sites you recommended. We do not share this email with any third party, other than those third party service providers used to transmit the referral or any of our partners.
From time to time, we may also supplement Personal Information with information collected from third parties, including demographic information, information about your interests, and similar information that the third parties have collected from other sources (which may include analytics data from third party websites). For example, we may collect information from third parties to enhance other information we have about you, to help us better understand you, and to otherwise enhance the Services.
You may be given the opportunity to register with us via third party accounts such as Facebook. These services will authenticate your identity and may provide you the option to share certain information (such as your name and email address) with us. We may store the information you provide us through such accounts and combine it with other information, including Personal Information.
3. How Meshmash Uses Personal Information
Meshmash uses Personal Information to:
- Operate and improve our Services;
- Provide users with advertisements for products and services from merchants, including coupons based on variables such as stated and anticipated user interests, personal characteristics, and location;
- Evaluate eligibility of users for certain coupons, products or services;
- Evaluate the types of coupons, products or services that may be of interest to users;
- Track redemption of coupons and perform other analytics;
- Provide user support, including to merchants or business partners;
- Fulfill requests for Meshmash services;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about Meshmash and featured merchants and business partners, such as Meshmash news, special offers and coupons, announcements, and marketing materials;
- Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages service bulletins, or marketing;
- Provide commercial notifications when you arrive at, linger near or leave places;
- Infer the location of the places you visit most often, determine your frequency at these locations, and send notifications when you arrive at or leave those places;
- Provide advertisements to you through the Services, third-party sites, email messages, text messages, mobile-push notifications, or other methods of communication;
- Administer surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored by us or our partners;
- Create user profiles that may contain inferences about users such as age range, income range, employment type and location, gender, and interests;
- Allow you to apply for a job, post a video or sign up for special offers from third parties through the Services; and
- Carry out other purposes that are disclosed to you and to which you consent.
4. When and Why Meshmash Discloses Personal Information
We may share your Personal Information as required or permitted by law as described below:
- With affiliated companies (e.g., subsidiaries and other companies owned by or controlled by Meshmash “under the owned legal entity”) who may only use the Personal Information for the purposes described in Section 3 above;
- With our service providers that provide services for us to assist us in carrying out the purposes described in Section 3 above such as sending emails, push notifications, or SMS messages on our behalf and conducting surveys or sweepstakes on our behalf.
Our service providers are bound by law or contract to protect Personal Information and are only allowed to use the Personal Information in accordance with the terms of our service agreements with them;
- Merchants, but only to the extent you have redeemed a coupon offered by the merchant, or participated in an offer, contest or other activity sponsored or offered through Meshmash on behalf of the merchant;
- Meshmash business partners or advertisers, as part of an offer, contest, or other activity that is provided by or in conjunction with Meshmash and its business partners and in which you have elected to participate. For example, if you are referred to Meshmash from a business partner's website or through an invitation facilitated by or in conjunction with a Meshmash business partner, Meshmash may provide that business partner with Contact Information and Transactional Information to validate the referral and to support the terms of the relationship between Meshmash and the business partner, which may allow such business partner to contact you directly and to advertise to you;
- To effect a merger, acquisition, or otherwise; to support the sale or transfer of business assets; to enforce our rights or protect our property; to protect the rights, property or safety of others, investigate fraud, respond to a government request; or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions. We may also disclose Personal Information to defend ourselves in litigation or a regulatory action, and when required or advised to do so by law, such as in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in Middle east countries and other worldwide countries where we operate. If Meshmash is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or prominent notice on one or more of our Services of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information; or
We may also disclose information about you that is not personally identifiable. For example, we may provide merchants, business partners, or other third parties with reports that contain aggregated and statistical data about our users.
5. Cookies and Related Technologies
When you use our Services, we collect certain information by automated or electronic means, using technologies such as cookies, flash local storage objects, pixel tags, web beacons, browser analysis tools, and web server logs. As you use our Services, your browser and devices communicate with servers operated by us, our business partners and services providers to coordinate and record the interactivity and fill your requests for services and information.
The information from cookies and related technology is stored in web server logs and also in web cookies kept on your computers or mobile devices, which are then transmitted back to our Services by your computers or mobile devices. These servers are operated and the cookies managed by us, our business partners or our service providers.
For example, when you access our Services, Meshmash and our service providers may place cookies on your computers or mobile devices. These cookies may include means for tracking your Transaction Information with a Merchant and may include tracking technology from third-party affiliate-network operators. Cookies allow us to recognize you when you return, and track and target your interests in order to provide a customized experience. They also help us provide a customized experience and help us to detect certain kinds of fraud. A "cookie" is a small amount of information that a web server sends to your browser that stores information about your account, your preferences, and your use of the Services. Some cookies contain serial numbers that allow us to connect your activity with the Services with other information we store about you in your profile or as related to your other interactions with the Services.
Some cookies are temporary, whereas others may be configured to last longer. "Session" cookies are temporary cookies used for various reasons, such as to manage page views. Your browser usually erases Session cookies once you exit your browser. "Persistent" cookies are more permanent cookies that are stored on your computers or mobile devices even beyond when you exit your browser. We use Persistent cookies for a number of purposes, such as retrieving certain information you have previously provided (such as your user id if you asked to be remembered), and storing your preferences.
We also may use flash local storage objects ("Flash LSOs") to collect and store Transaction Information and Relationship Information in connection with your use of the Services. For example, we may use Flash LSOs to store settings, preferences, and usage information which helps us personalize your visits, whether you are accessing the Services via one of our websites or one of our mobile-device applications. Flash LSOs are different from browser cookies because of the amount and type of data stored. Typically, you cannot control, delete, or disable the acceptance of Flash LSOs through your web browser.
Pixel tags and web beacons are tiny graphic images placed on website pages or in our emails that allow us to determine whether you have performed specific actions. When you access these pages or open email messages, the pixel tags and web beacons generate a notice of that action to us, or our service providers. These tools allow us to measure response to our communications and improve our web pages and promotions.
We collect many different types of information from cookies and other technologies. For example, we may collect information from the devices you use to access our Services, your operating system type or mobile device model, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone of your device. Browsers routinely send these types of information to web servers. Our server logs also record the Internet Protocol ("IP") addresses of the devices you use to interact with the Services. An IP address is a unique identifier that devices use to identify and communicate with each other on the Internet. We may also collect information about the website you were visiting before you came to our Services and the website you visit after you leave our Services, if this information is supplied to us by your browser.
In many cases, the information we collect using cookies and other tools is used in non-identifiable ways, without any reference to Personal Information. For example, we use information we collect about users to optimize our Services and understand its traffic and usage patterns. In other cases, we associate the information we collect using cookies and related technologies with Personal Information.
Additionally, if you have visited one of our mobile websites or activated one of our mobile-device applications, and if the settings on your location-aware device allow us to receive Location Information, we will collect that automatically.
Meshmash has relationships with third party advertising technology and analytics companies, such as Google Analytics, Adobe, and Adometry, to place advertisements on our behalf onto other websites, and to perform tracking and reporting functions for our Services and our advertisements. These third parties may automatically collect information about your visit to our Services and other websites, your IP address, web log data, information about your operating system, your ISP and the browser you use to visit our Services. We may share with these third parties certain de-identified demographic or other data linked to data you have provided us, as well as your email address.
6. Site Accounts.
If you registered an account with us, you may modify or correct your Personal Information and preferences at any time by logging into this account.
7. Our Commitment To Children’s Privacy
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, we do not knowingly collect or maintain information from persons under 13 years of age, and no part of our Sites is structured to attract anyone under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the Sites at any time or in any manner. If we learn that personally identifiable information of persons under 13 years of age has been collected on the Sites, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
8. Our Commitment to Data Security
The Sites may use various physical, electronic, and administrative procedures to safeguard the confidentiality of your Personal Information. Additional security measures, such as Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) or other technology, will be used if you engage in financial transactions on our Sites. However, as no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us.
Date of Last Revision: April 25, 2016